Personally Identifiable Information is information that identifies you as an individual. Most of the Personally Identifiable Information we collect is information contained in Your Content and such other information that you upload to your account. For example when you sign up for the Service, you provide us with Personally Identifiable Information. In some cases we may ask for additional information for security reasons or to provide specific services to you, or you may voluntarily choose to provide information through comments, online forms, surveys, or other ways.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor any and all information contained in Your Content and on your account. Such information posted by you may be collected and used by us in accordance with these Privacy Terms.
When you perform a search within the Website, we may record information identifying you or linking you to the search performed.
Use of Personally Identifiable Information.
We use the Personally Identifiable Information we collect to provide our services and features to you, to measure and improve those services and features, and to provide you with customer support. In addition, we use Personally Identifiable Information:
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you e-mail alerts;
- to send you important information regarding our relationship with you or regarding the Website, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- to send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you;
- for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing the Website, improving our products and services, identifying Website usage trends, and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns;
- as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain;
- for any other purpose specified at the point of collection.
Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information
Except for the following purposes, no Personally Identifiable Information may be disclosed or shared with any third party unless we have your consent:
- to our affiliates for the purposes described in this Terms and Conditions of Service;
- to our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email and direct mail delivery services, credit card processing, auditing services, and other services, in order to enable them to provide services;
- to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings);
- as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain;
- otherwise, with your consent.
When you access the Website using a mobile device, we also collect information such as your device and hardware IDs and device type. Certain information, including your Personally Identifiable Information, may be stored locally on the device. It is your responsibility to protect the device you use. If you are a mobile user, we access information about your location (such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device) or information that can be used to approximately establish such location (such as a cell ID).
Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information is any information that does not reveal your specific identity, such as:
- browser information;
- information collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies;
- demographic information and other information provided by you, whether online or offline;
- aggregated information.
How We Collect Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
We and our third party service providers may collect Non-Personally Identifiable Information in a variety of ways, including:
- through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system version, and Internet browser type and version;
- using pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs, or other similar technologies: These may be used in connection with some Website pages and HTML-formatted e-mail messages to, among other things, track the actions of Website users and e-mail recipients, measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about Website usage and response rates;
- from you: Information such as your preferred means of communication or demographic information about you (such as your age or your gender) is collected when you voluntarily provide this information. Unless combined with Personally Identifiable Information, this information does not personally identify you or any other individual;
- by aggregating information: Aggregated Personally Identifiable Information does not personally identify you or any other individual (for example, we may calculate the percentage of our site users who have a particular telephone area code).
How We Use and Disclose Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
Because Non-Personally Identifiable Information does not personally identify you, we may use and disclose it for any purpose. In some instances, we may combine Non-Personally Identifiable Information with Personally Identifiable Information (such as combining your name with your geographical location). If we combine any Non-Personally Identifiable Information with Personally Identifiable Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personally Identifiable Information as long as it is combined.
Third Party Advertisers
Even though we do not share your information with advertisers without your consent, when you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement there is a possibility that the advertiser may place a cookie in your browser and note that it meets the criteria they selected. You may opt-out of the placement of cookies by many of these advertisers here (link required). You may also use your browser cookie settings to limit or prevent the placement of cookies by advertising networks. We do not share personally identifiable information with advertisers unless we get your permission.
Security and Communications.
We have implemented physical, electronic and procedural security features that are designed to prevent the unauthorized release of or access to personal information. Despite our efforts to protect your personal information, the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from the Morpheus via the Website or via e-mail cannot be and is not guaranteed. You acknowledge that the technical processing and transmission of the Website content may be transferred unencrypted and involves changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Accordingly, we are not responsible for the security of information transmitted via the Internet.
Links to Other Sites.
Access and Updating Personal Information.
Upon your request via postal mail, e-mail, or telephone, we will provide you with a summary of any personally identifiable information retained by us that has been voluntarily provided by you to through online forms, registration forms, surveys, e-mail, or another online avenue. Upon your request, we will make good faith efforts to modify, correct, change, update or delete your personal information if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We will ask you to identify yourself and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical.
Right to Modify Privacy Terms.
We may change these Privacy Terms at any time. Notice of any new or revised Privacy Terms, as well as the location of the new or revised statement, will be posted on the Website for at least twenty (20) days after the change. It is the obligation of users accessing the Website to learn of changes to the Privacy Terms since their last visit. Any change to these Privacy Terms shall be effective as to any user who has visited the Website before the change was made.